Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Milestones

 
Well I have hit two milestones this past week. The first was on March 28... The one year mark from back surgery! I honestly have not felt better. I can't believe that is was just a year ago that I was lying in the recliner, in excruciating pain, and now I am running around the streets in the Philippines. How amazing is that?! I cannot even begin to express my gratitude to the Lord and His hand in my life. It was a miracle that I was able to recover as well as I did. I know that everything I went through with that- physically, emotionally, and spiritually- has prepared me for my service here in the Philippines. The second milestone I hit was on March 29th... I have been gone for 2 months! Crazy, I know. I have already completed 1/9th of my mission. AH! It is going way too fast!!
This week was good, great, hard, discouraging, funny.. I seriously don't know how I can experience so many emotions!! I don't feel like much happened and there wasn't anything too exciting, so sorry if this email bores you to death! This past week I was able to go to the Trainer- Trainee meeting in Cubau. We had some workshops and it was pretty good. We also went to a baptism for Sister Lani. She is the cutest girl ever and I am so excited to have her in our ward.
Speaking of my ward.. guess who spoke in Sacrament meeting? Yup, I did and it was.. well... uhh.. a learning experience. My mission president and his wife just happened to be at our ward that day, so that was super intimidating.. And I could barely remember how to bare my testimony at the end. I am such a newbie!! Haha it's all good though! I am just glad that I can laugh at myself and move on!
The language is really getting to me.. I have to keep reminding myself that I have only been here for three weeks so of course I am not going to be fluent! It does get kind of discouraging sitting in a lesson though and not knowing for 45 minutes what is going on. It's all good though! It's been such a humbling experience and a great opportunity to rely on the Lord. I also have the BEST trainer ever, Sister Judd, which really helps. She has been such an amazing support and she is continually helping and serving me. I couldn't ask for a better "nanay"!!

The work has been difficult here. We are really struggling with our investigators and Less actives to keep commitments. All of them told us that they would be at church on Sunday, and we only one investigator. I know that everyone has their agency, but I really wish I could do more to help people see the blessings that come from keeping the commandments and building a relationship with the Lord. Yesterday we had set up a bunch of appointments, but were punted about 8 times because either the people weren't home or they were "busy". I am grateful that we were at least able to meet with 4 people! Better than 3, right?

So basically everyone here loves the movie Frozen, and I always hear kids singing the songs. The other day we were at Sister Wong's house and her kids were watching Frozen.. BIGGEST TEMPTATION EVER. I may have gave in a little and took a glimpse at the tv every once and a while.. I couldn't help it!! That's not a sin, right? Hahaha

NAKATAWA:
Yesterday Sister Judd and I were walking down the hill by our house as we were heading out to work, and me being the klutz that I am, completely rolled my ankle. I still don't understand how it happened, but I fell hard on my hip and then went rolling down the hill.. Yup. I did. And it hurt. And I was crying because I was laughing so hard. I have a gnarly blue and green bruise on my hip, my knee is scratched up, and my ankle is swollen. Welcome to my life. It was a really humbling and "down to earth" experience if you know what I mean.. haha
Sorry that this email wasn't super great! Hopefully I will have more things to write about next week! Thanks for all of you love, support, and prayers! Hope to hear from you all soon!
Before I close, however, shout out to my AMAZING brother, Jace, who has received his mission call to KOREA!!! I know without a doubt he is going to change lives. I feel so blessed to have such a great example like him in my life. I can't wait for us to be out serving together in Helaman's Army. I love you, Jace!
Kita kits sa Lunes!

Love,
Sister Anderson

 
 
 
 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment