Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mother's Day


May 11, 2014

Hello and Happy Mother's Day po!!

It was so great to talk to my family today and see their cute faces and hear their voices! I was afraid that talking to them would make me homesick, but it actually just gave me the motivation to keep pressing on. I feel so blessed that they are supporting me 110% and giving me all of the love and encouragement that I need. They are the best! And to my mom and all the moms out there, Happy Mother's Day!!

On Monday we went over to Sister Agcamaren's house because it was her son's birthday. We brought over a cake and she made pansit for dinner. It was a fun night, and Sister Agcamaren was feeling quite a bit better. She is still struggling to get money so that she can pay for all of her medical bills, so she made homemade peanut butter to sell... You know me.. I LOVE peanut butter!! And so I bought some and it is so sugary and good! Man, I have never eaten so much peanut butter in my whole entire life since being here in the Philippines. Who would've thought?!

On Tuesday we went to Cubao for a Trainer- Trainee meeting. President Revillo spoke to us and said something that I found really profound. He said, "Whenever you need help, call on the Lord to send angels. You are entitled to that." Wow. How amazing is that? Not only as missionaries, but as literal children of God, we are all entitled to the help of Heavenly Father to send us angels. These angels can be our neighbor, a family member, or really anyone who may cross our paths. We can also receive help and strength from the other side of the veil. I know that because Heavenly Father loves each of us so much, he is just waiting to send help our way; we just need to ask. Not only that, but we too have the opportunity to be that angel in others lives. How amazing!!

We were finally able to meet with Judy Ann and Philip on Wednesday!! And they had food! We went back and taught them again on Friday and things were great. Judy Ann has gotten a job at a Chinese restaurant and so we thought that that would solve their money problems. Yesterday before church though, Judy Ann texted us and asked us to come over. We went over and they said that they have no food or money. Judy Ann doesn't get her paycheck for a while, and Philip doesn't get any money until Friday. I hate being in this situation!! It is the hardest thing to see.. and I don't know what more we can do to help because as missionaries we can't be giving money and food out to everyone. It is so hard!!

On Saturday was the baptism of Shanin and Eunice!!! It was a little hectic at first because we didn't have a baptismal suit large enough to fit the baptizer, but we were able to get it all figured out and it was a wonderful experience for everyone. So many people were there to support the girls, but most importantly, their mom (Beth) came. She was refusing to come to the baptism, making excuses that she didn't have any clothes and yada yada yada.. BUT we got her to come and she was so glad she did. After the baptism, Shanin got up and bore a sweet testimony and began to cry. Beth was so touched and began to cry too. The Spirit there was so special and I really feel so humbled that Heavenly Father allowed me to be a part of this process for Shanin and Eunice. Their faith is such an example to me and they have taught me more than they will ever know. Watching them enter into the waters of baptism was one of the best joys I could ever imagine. I really don't have words to express how blessed I feel.

Nakakatawa

The other day we went to the ATM to get money and we saw a lady who we have taught a few times. She came over to us to say hello and then out of nowhere, she started rubbing my stomach and back up and down and just kept saying, "Sexy, sexy!!" Ahhhh I felt so violated!!! Haha

Well all in all this past week was great! I just LOVE serving in the Phlippines!! I really cannot imagine a greater place to serve. I love everything about it here and I know without a doubt in my mind that this is where the Lord needs me to be.

And of course I can't end without expressing my thanks to my sweet mom! I am so grateful to have grown up with such an amazing mom who has taught me to love the gospel. I couldn't have asked for a better example in my life. She has so many amazing qualities and it is evident by everything that she does that she loves the Lord. She is so selfless and always puts others first. She has always been there for me, and although we are far away right now, she is always is my thoughts and prayers. Thanks to all of the women in my life who have taught me and loved me and supported me. Happy Mother's Day to you all!!

Love,

Sister Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment