Sunday, June 8, 2014

June 8, 2014


Hello once again!!

Well, it's official! I am done with my training as a missionary, so now I am a BIG GIRL! Yay!! My trainer left on Tuesday night for her new area, and on Wednesday morning I went and picked up my new companion, Sister Alfoja. She is 25 and from the Philippines and is pretty shy! She is really sweet, but sometimes she doesn't talk very much... SO that means that I have the wonderful opportunity to speak A LOT in our lessons! Kind of intimidating sometimes, but I am actually really enjoying it. Sister Alfoja was so impressed with my language skills and couldn;t believe that I had only just finished my training. It has been so fun for me to realize lately how much Tagalog I know and I feel that my language skills are really improving. I still am sooo far from being good at the language, but I am finally at a point where I feel pretty comfortable and not too uncomfortable to speak. It has been such a blessing to stop relying on my trainer for help, and instead start being proactive.

Since Sister Alfoja is new to Cogeo, that means that I get to lead the area... Talk about intimidating! I was extremely stressed the past few days because it's all on me if things don't go well... I am finally getting a hang of things though and it has been a neat experience to see that I really do know more than I think I do. I have already grown so much in this past week and I am excited to be able to stretch myself and become better!

We were able to get 7 new investigators this week which was a HUGE answer to my prayers. I am not sure how potential all of them are, but I am excited to teach them and give them the opportunity to accept the gospel in their lives. Our investigators here are doing well. Rose, the neighbor of the Honrejas Family, is doing so great! The other night we went to teach her and right as we say down, she was so excited to tell us that she had prayed about President Monson and she knows that he is a true prophet. She described to us the feelings that she had and how she felt the Spirit. I cannot even begin to explain the joy I felt as she testified to us of that God has called a prophet for our days. There is no greater happiness!!!!!

The Honrejas Family is doing well. Only Allan came to church yesterday, so afterwards we went and had a lesson with them about keeping the Sabbath Day Holy. It was an amazing lesson and I felt the Spirit so strong. They committed to coming to church each week, but we had to move their baptism back to July 4. I am so excited for them to baptized and they are sooo excited to! They are making my missionary experience AMAZING!

Last Friday I finished the Book of Mormon for the first time since being out here in the field. Back at home it always took me like a year to finish, but my goal this year is to be able to finish it 3 times before Christmas! I love the power that comes from reading that Book and I really don't know what I would do without it. After finishing it, I decided to take Moroni's Challenge and pray once again about the truthfulness of this Book. Peace filled my heart and I am so grateful to be able to say that I know without a doubt that this book is true and I am so blessed to be able to have the guidance and protection that come from living it's teachings.

Welllllllll I think that's it for this week!!! I am loving being a missionary and serving the Lord. There is absolutely no where else I'd rather be. Mahal ko kayo!!

Love, Sister Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment