Sunday, June 29, 2014

A God of Miracles

June 29, 2014

Magandang Umaga po!!
It has only been a few days since I have emailed last, but things are going amazing! Last Thursday we had Zone Interviews in San Isidro, and I just love President Revillo. He is probably one of the most amazing people I have ever met and has the best counsel for each one of us missionaries. I know that he was placed in my life for a reason and that he is called of God. I know that Heavenly Father is working through him to carry out the Lord's work here in the Philippines Quezon City Mission. I know that he was inspired to place me here in Cogeo, and because of that, my life has been changed.
After our interviews, Sister Revillo (the wife of President), came up to Sister Alfoja and I and informed us that she would be working with us for the remainder of the evening... I was TERRIFIED!!! Especially because she served a mission before too and had so much success! I really didn't want to let her down!
We decided to take her with us to the Honrejas Family. The days prior, Victoria had been really stand-offish with me and Sister Alfoja, and even hid when we came over. Sister Alfoja and I were really struggling to know what to do because all of a sudden, she didn't want us there. We went over to their house with Sister Revilllo and one of the Assistants to the President, Elder Crisanto, and taught their family. It was AMAZING! Sister Revillo had an immediate connection with Victoria and Victoria was able to open up about all of her concerns. Their family is facing so many trials right now- Joan and Thoupie have been really sick the past couple of weeks and they have no money. Victoria has been struggling to know why all of these trials were coming her way, as life was so much easier when the missionaries weren't there teaching them. Sister Revillo was really able to help Victoria and it was such a powerful lesson. I couldn't understand it all, but the Spirit was definitely speaking to the hearts of everyone that was in the room.
At the end of the lesson, we confirmed with Brother Allan his baptismal date for July 5. The rest of the family could not be baptized because they had not come to church enough times in a row. After we left, Sister Revillo said that we needed to have them all baptized on Saturday and said she would talk to President Revillo about it. The next day President texted us about them and said that Victoria could be baptized with Allan on Saturday. WHAT?!! Ahhhh We were so excited! Not even a minute later, Presdident responded again and said, "Let's have them all be baptized!" ALL OF THEM?! We immediately changed our plans and went straight to the Honrejas home in order to inform them of the great news and get them ready for their baptismal interview the next night. They were so excited!!
On Saturday night, Elder Masula interviewed them and came to the conclusion that only Allan would be baptized because of the church attendance issue. Victoria and the kids were disappointed, but understood. You could really see their desire to be baptized and they were not going to let this setback get in the way of them being baptized. As Sister Alfoja and I were walking home, we received a call from Elder Masula saying that he just talked to President and that President had a challenge for them: If they all came to church the next day, they could all be baptized!!!!!!
As sacrament meeting started yesterday, there was no sign of the Honrejas Family. I prayed and prayed harder than I ever have for them to be able to come.. And then they did!!! And they will be baptized on Saturday July 5. I have never experienced so much joy and happiness in my life!!
The church is true. Heavenly Father loves us all perfectly and His son, Jesus Christ is our Savior. His promises are real. His hand is in this work. God really is a God of Miracles.
I love you all and I love this work.
Mahal ko kayo,
Sister Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment