Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Little Piece of Heaven

 
 
 
 
 Honrejas Family



Kumusta Po!!
This week has been the BEST week here so far! Ah, I wish I could just express how amazing it has been, but I just can't. Sister Alfoja and I worked hard, found some new investigators, and to top things off, THE HONREJAS FAMILY WAS BAPTIZED!!!!!!
The baptism started over an hour late, Bishop never showed up, nor did one of the speakers, but it was okay! It was still an AMAZING experience. There was no words to describe how I felt to see them all dressed in white, with smiles on their faces, so excited to enter into the waters of baptism. Wow. And watching them go one by one into the font to be baptized.. There is honestly no greater joy. I cried as I watched them follow the example of their Savior as they were baptized. I really wish I could express how I felt but I honestly can't. It was just a little piece of heaven on earth.
Allan, Victoria, and Joan bore their testimonies after they were baptized and the Spirit was so strong. Allan bore his testimony for about 10 minutes and he really is a changed man. He knows without a doubt that this church is true and he doesn't just have a testimony- he has really started his conversion process. It was so touching as they each bore their testimony, they mentioned me and the impact I have had on their lives and their family. Again, I wish I could express how this felt! At that time, the Spirit witnessed to me that the Lord really does use the weak and the simple to do his great works. I am still a new missionary, I struggle with the language, and I am far from being a master teacher, but look what Heavenly Father did? He used my weaknesses and allowed me to be an instrument in His hands. I take absolutely no credit for their baptism. I just feel so blessed to have been able to be a part of their conversion. There is no greater joy!
Yesterday morning as Sister Alfoja and I were tracting, we got a call from President who said that he was at our chapel and that we needed to meet him there. We rushed over and he said that he wanted to check our apartment to see if it was safe. We were relieved that it was not bad news and whatnot, and were excited to when we found out that they would be staying for our sacrament meeting to see the Honrejas Family be confirmed. President and Sister Revillo were supposed to have flown to Mindoro on Friday, but their flight was canceled so they were not able to go. Brother Allan sadly couldn't make it to church because he got called into work last minute, but the rest of the family was confirmed. Because it was fast and testimony meeting, President Revillo stood up and bore a beautiful testimony and said, "I know that Heavenly Father had a reason why we were not able to fly to Mindoro, and now I know why. He wanted us to be here to witness the confirmation of the Honrejas Family." His testimony was so strong as he bore witness to the Honrejas Family of the correct decision they made to be baptized. Sister Revillo did the same thing and the Spirit touched every single heart that was in the room. Sister Victoria Honrejas got up and bore her tender testimony as well. I have never been in a more amazing testimony meeting in my life. It was a little piece of heaven on earth.
I wish everyone could have been with me the past few days here in the Philippines to witness this miracle. I have never experienced anything more amazing than this. The Honrejas Family has blessed my life in ways that I cannot even begin to explain and they taught me more than I ever taught them. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father to have been able to have this experience and help guide the Honrejas Family to the waters of baptism. What a miracle.
I love you all! Thanks for all of your prayers on my behalf! Keep praying for the Honrejas Family and for all the people here!
Love,
Sister Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment