Friday, August 29, 2014

Cheers to New Adventures


August 25, 2014

Well it is official... I am being transferred! After 6 months here in Cogeo, my time is up and I am off. I have been fasting and praying that I would be at peace with whatever news I got this morning about transfers, and I can honestly say that Heavenly Father has heard and answered my prayers. I will be transferring to Morong, the 2nd most province-like place in the mission. My companion is Sister Taufa from Utah, and I couldn't be more excited! I don't always adjust well to change, but I know that this will be a great change and an amazing opportunity to get outside of my comfort zone.Cheers to new adventures!

 Cogeo... oh Cogeo... I have loved serving here. This really is my home and I have made relationships here to last a lifetime. As hard as it is going to be to say goodbye to everyone tonight, I am at peace because I know without a doubt that my work here is done. I learned a lot.. a lot a lot a lot and the person I am today is because of everything that has happened to me these past 6 months here in Cogeo. I have learned to rely on the Lord, trust in His timing, and let go of my own will. I have learned how to eat spam, cook rice, and wash all my laundry by hand. I have learned to really study the scriptures and seek fervently for answers to my prayers. I have learned how to not crack under stressful situations and how to plan, prepare, organize, and run a baptism with no one elses help. I have learned how to love people without using words. I have learned to actually communicate in Tagalog. And last but not least, I have learned that Jesus Christ is my Savior, Advocate, and Friend. I have been changed forever because of this area.
 
This past week has been one filled with great lessons. We were able to teach Leonard and Renald again last Sunday and it was amazing. They both said that they prayed about out message and that they know it is true. It is amazing how prepared these two men are. They make our job as missionaries so easy.
 
Norma and Agosto are also doing so well. We only have like 2 more lessons to teach them and they will be baptized on September 13th. They are so dear to me and I am really sad that I won't be able to attend their baptism, but I know that I did everything I needed to with them. I feel so privileged to be able to have met them. I didn't teach them, they honestly taught me.
 
This Saturday is Richard Agana's baptism! As much as I wish I could be here for it too, I know that I am not needed here in Cogeo anymore. Time to fulfill my next responsibilities.
 
I am so sad to leave Sister Alfoja and Sister Faasavalu, but they are going to rock it here in Cogeo and baptize sooo many people!!!! I feel so blessed to have been able to serve with them here!
 
WELLLLLL here I go!!!! Off to Morong! I love you all soo much and am so grateful for your prayers! Love you!!
 
Sister Anderson



No comments:

Post a Comment