Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Survivor!!



 
Me and some of my cute Filipino friends!

 
                         Me and sis Valdez with our christmas tree. Thanks mom!

December 8, 2014

Hello to you all!!

Just survived yet another typhoon in the Philippines! Typhoon Ruby didn't hit us too hard- just a good amount of rain and we had to be in our apartments all day yesterday. We are safe and well though, so no need to worry!

Sister Valdez and I had a great week! On Monday night I did the unexpected.. I bought myself Balut out of my own free will... If you don't know what balut is, google it.. or maybe don't.. it might make you sick! Basically it is an egg with a REAL chicken inside.. and you eat it!! And I ATE IT!! Feathers, beak, and all!!! I survived it and it was actually pretty tasty.. ish!

OH and I also survived my first Filipino haircut! I asked for a trim, but the guy cut off about 4 inches. It was super uneven and hideous, but I guess that is understandable because he was dirty dancing while he was cutting my hair. Strangest experience of my life.

On a more spiritual note- Sunday was AMAZING! Norma, Jose, Lili Beth, and Michelle came to church! It was a miracle! I have never been so happy before! Norma, Jose, and Lili Beth all asked if they could pay tithing as well, and so they did! Their faith is AMAZING!! Please keep them in your prayers, especially Norma and Jose, that they will be baptized this month!

I am so grateful to be a missionary and I know that all things are possible through the enabling power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. He lives and He guides us today though living prophets and apostles. I know this church is true. 

I love you all!!

Sister Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment