Monday, March 3, 2014

Feels Like I'm Going to Disney World

Kumsuta po kayo?!

Masaya ako dahil pupunta ako sa Philippines sa lunes!!! ASTIG!! Excited ako para magmimision!!

This week has definitely been the BEST week so far. Just everything about the MTC is great and the BEST part of it all is that the Spirit here is so strong. I'm going to really miss it here- my teachers, the hustle and bustle of the missionaries, the early morning service, the chocolate chip cookies, spending countless hours trying to grasp the language, ice cream Wednesdays & Sundays, gym time, the amazing devotionals, the many friendships I've made, and the unity I feel between everyone as we are all called to be on the Lord's errand. My experience here has been indescribable, and I know I have many more amazing experiences to come while in the Philippines. For any of you who are reading this and are thinking about a mission, I truly believe with all my heart that serving a mission is one the BEST things you can ever do for the Lord. Obviously a mission is not for everyone, and some people have much greater things to do here, but please really pray to the Lord and know if a mission is what you need to do. I promise you, you will not regret this decision. 

I have already felt and seen so many blessings and miracles in my life in the short 5 weeks I've dedicated to the Lord. There is power in this work. One of the things I've gained a stronger testimony of is the strength and blessings that come with fasting. I have had to opportunity to be here for two fast Sundays and then last week had my own personal fast. I now am understanding why the Lord asks us to fast, and why He even sets aside one Sunday a month to take part in this great experience. Through fasting and prayer, the Lord has poured His blessings upon me and I know that He does grant us things according to our faith.

I got to host again on Wednesday! It was such a fun and neat experience! We got asked to host again this week, but we declined because we need ALL the class time we can get before we leave on Monday..

WE LEAVE ON MONDAY!! It's my very last Pday here at the MTC!! Isn't it cray cray?! Jokelang, jokelang! But really- this whole mission dealio is FLYING by!! I can't believe it! It feels like time is slipping through my fingers! I leave the MTC at 4:30am on Monday- we fly from SLC, to LAX, to Tokyo, and then to Mainila!!! Ahhhh I am soooooo excited, I can't even being to explain!! I can't wait to finally meet the people I've been dreaming about for the past six months. I have such a love for them that I can't even describe, and next week, I finally get to meet them. I am so blessed. On the day I left my house for the MTC, I told everyone it felt like I was going to Disneyland, but as I am preparing to head out to the Philppines, it feels like I'm going to DISNEYWORLD!! I cannot wait!

NAKATAWA!!!

So the word of our zone is "suwerte" meaning good luck, lucky, etc.. I don't know why we say it all the time and we use it in the most random and bizarre sentences, but it's just what we do! The other night when I was walking from the restroom back to my room, Sister Oyler jumped out at me from behind a corner and screamed "Suwerte!" at the top of her lungs. I screamed bloody murder, not knowing what was going on and I quickly turned around to run but ran right into Sister Fewster who screamed "SWERTE!!!" at me.. I don't think my heart has every pumped so fast than it did at that moment... This is probably a "you needed to be there moment" to find this funny, but oh well! I thought it was hilarious!
Also, I totally got hit HARD in the face while playing volleyball this week! I totally fell down and couldn't get up because I was laughing so hard!

The gift of tongues is real and it is coming!! There is no way I could know as much as I do or be able to say what I can without the gift of tongues. I am so grateful for this gift. I'm still so far from perfect, but I know the Lord is definitely helping me. The language this week just started to make sense. My sentences are more fluid and I'm finally able to speak more comfortably from my heart. I AM NOT FLUENT BY ANY MEANS, but it really is starting to come together more. This was such a HUGE blessing. In one of our lessons, the investigator was talking SOOOO fast- faster than I've ever heard someone speak in English, and he was speaking in Tagalog. I understood everything he said and I knew how to respond to his questions. It was so great. I also had the opportunity to teach a Less Active, (Sister Cope- Terri Goff's cousin). We taught her the importance of church attendance and the Spirit was SO strong. I can't even begin to explain how neat it was, but the Spirit was there and it definitely guided our lesson. I was able to say everything I needed to in the language, and I know the Lord loosed my tongue. It was amazing. I know that the Lord will bless me if I just try to open my mouth and stop be scared about messing up. D&C 60:2.

Thanks for all of you love, support, prayers, packages, and letters! It means the world to me! Have a wonderful week and remember how much Heavenly Father loves you! Alma 26:37. I probably won't be able to write next week, but I will as soon as I can!! 

Love, 

Sister Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment