Sunday, September 21, 2014

Caught in the Act


September 14, 2014

Well Hello once again from the beautiful area of Morong!

This week has gone by fast! Guess that's what happens when you're having fun and you have the BEST companion in the whole entire world!! Man, I wish everyone in the world could have a friend like Sister Taufa! This world would be such a better place because she really is just that amazing!

This week we went on exchanges with the STLs on Thursday which was fun! I was pretty proud of myself because even though I;m still fairly new here, I got the two of us around just fine! AND we celebrated Sister Fewster's 20th birthday! We made pancakes and gave her gifts and surprised her with a cake and decorated the apartment! It's hard work to plan a party though and be a missionary!

Speaking of Sister Fewster, she is such a champ! My feet are sooo infected with these nasty bites and so she took it on herself to take care of me. She'd already experienced the bites before, so she knew what to do! She put of some gloves and went to work squeezing out the puss in all of my wounds. Sorry, super gross, I know... BUT my ankle is no longer the size of an elephant and the bites look so much better!

This past week I hit my 6 month mark since I've been here in the Philippines.. What?! That is just insane! I am finally able to see how much progress I've made, especially with the language and I am grateful to say that the language no longer stresses me out. That in itself is a miracle!!

Our investigators are fine, but we need to find more. Joy is doing AMAZING though!! We taught her the Word of Wisdom the other day and she let us know that she drinks a minimum of three cups a day... We committed her to live this commandment though and when we followed up with her on Saturday, she said that she hadn't drank any coffee since our lesson. That is pure faith right there!

Hey, guess what?! I totally performed the best fall thus far since being in the Philippines! Yesterday Sister Taufa and I were walking down the side of a muddy, steep mountain after going to a birthday party for a part member family, and I completely slipped. And I landed in like 2 feet of mud and then I bathed in a puddle to clean myself off. The life of a missionary in the Philippines!!
 
Wellllll... just when I thought my life couldn't get any more exciting, it did!!! Last night at about 2:30am I had to go to the bathroom really bad but I was so lazy and didn't want to get up. It finally got unbearable to I decided to go downstairs and use the restroom. As I got up, I just thought to myself that I would take Sister Taufa's flashlight so I wouldn't turn on any lights in the house, but then for some reason I just decided to turn on the light of the room right next to us so I could make my way downstairs. As i reached the bottom of the stairs, I noticed that our windows were opened and the sudden feeling came over me that someone was trying to break in. At just that moment I heard a group of men outside our house yelling, "May ilaw, may ilaw!!" meaning that they noticed that there was a light inside our house. Thank heavens that I turned on the light and didn't just use the flashlight or else they might have gotten away with their burglary... but instead, I caught them in the act and they ran away!!! Don't worry, Mom.. I am fine! I am used to situations like these and Sister Taufa is super protective of me!!!
 
Well that is about it! Ingpat!! Mahal na mahal ko kayo!!

Love,

Sister Anderson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment