Thursday, October 9, 2014

Buntis na Ako!!



October 5, 2014
 Magandang umago sa inyong lahat!!
 
Thanks for all the prayers that you have sent my way. I am feeling sooo much better and I know that Heavenly Father has been keenly aware of me and my needs at this time. It was awful being so sick for such a long time- not only for me, but for my sweet companion, and especially our area! I felt awful not being able to go and visit them all the time and because of that, they aren't progressing as they could be. I do know however, that this all happened for a reason and that I really have learned more during the past 2 weeks than at any other time.
 
So.... namatay na si Sister Taufa... She died! It was so hard to say goodbye to her and send her back to the 801, but she really had finished everything that the Lord had sent her here to do. I have learned more from her, than anyone else since being here and I am just so blessed that Heavenly Father allowed me to serve right alongside her. She really has blessed my life in ways that I cannot even begin to express and although we were only together for 6 weeks, I really know we will stay in contact forever. She is just that great! We had a great last day on Sunday, and then that night we went over to the Susa Family's for dinner and they made a little movie for Sister Taufa to say goodbye. I'll have to get a copy of it and send it to you!!
 
I have a surprise.. Buntis na ako! I am having a child!! What?! Ya, I know! Ever since I got here in Morong, I just had this undeniable feeling that I was going to train after Sister Taufa left.. And then in my last interview with President, he confirmed it with me! So I leave tomorrow morning at 5:30 to head to the mission home and pick up my anak! I will update you all next week as to how it goes!

This week has been crazy trying to get Sister Taufa all packed and ready to go! After she left yesterday morning, I was put in a three some with Sister Sanders and Sister Fewster and we had a great time! I got to work in their area which was great, and they helped work in mine. We found an awesome new investigator named Susan that is super prepared. We also went to the hospital here in Morong to visit the investigators of some elders in our zone, whose baby is really sick. It made me sick to my stomach seeing how awful the healthcare here is. The hospital was just plain with white walls with a sour smell, and who knows how many people crammed into one room. All of the patients lied helpless in these crib like things, just taking care of themselves. Oh how grateful I am for the medical care in the states! It was a neat experience meeting these investigators though, Jeanette and Lisa, and Jeanette's baby, Ramjan. He was so cute and has  downs-syndrome and just was as sick as could be. We brought them a snack and visited for a little while, and then left a prayer before we left. I have no doubt they will be baptized.
 
Speaking of health...Poor Sister Fewster is just so kawawa! She gets these giant allergic reactions to some insects here, which have just left here with these HUGE volcanoes on her legs and hips. Poor thing is ALWAYS in pain, and I have had to do surgery on her multiple times, trying to get these things to drain. Dad, you really would be sooo proud of me!!
 
So all in all this week was great! Cannot wait to see what this transfer has in store for me! I can need all the prayers I can get so I can train my anak well!! I love you all!
 
Sister Anderson


1 comment:

  1. "...need all the prayers I can get so I can train my anak well!! I love you all!" - I feel you, Marissa! Nung nalaman ko na buntis ako, I was so excited lalo na first baby ko. Nung malaman ko, bumili agad ako ng Anmum and other food for pregnant women sa sobrang excitement! Prayers to you and the sisters!

    ReplyDelete