Sunday, April 5, 2015

Stretchin'!

April 6, 2015
 
Magandang Umaga!!

This week was the MOST BUSY WEEK OF MY ENTIRE LIFE. Wow. Everyday absolutely FLEW by because there was sooo much to do! We had a fun Zone Activity on Monday that we got to invite our RCs and investigators to, so that was a great breather! Our RC, Aki, was able to come and it was so good for her because she is really struggling. After the zone activity though, things just got so hectic!! Sister Osumo and I were really busy doing everything for the "Special 2" (a new project to help us get at least 2 baptisms each month, preparing 72 hour kits for the missionaries(especially because a typhoon was supposed to come). When Sister Osumo and I went shopping for all the food, we ended up with 5 GIANT grocery carts, 2 of which were just filled with "Cup-of -Noodles... 247 cups just to be exact! This week we also prepared ready for Missionary Leadership Council, and our workshop for Zone Conference. We have honestly been living in the office! I have never felt so stretched in my life! The funny thing is that I have never been happier either. It is so true that once you lose yourself in the work, you really begin to reach your potential and Heavenly Father performs miracles!!

Sister Osumo and I also had the opportunity this week to give a training to all of the Sister Training Leaders. We updated the responsibilities for the STLs and created a more specific way of doing exchanges and evaluations with the sisters. The training went really well and we are so excited to be able to better help the sisters. We have a great group of STLs and I know that if we work together, we can help the Lord in his work.

As for our area, Jenny got baptized with her husband in Mindenao this week! So that was definitely exciting! I cannot wait for her to come home so we can see the pictures and hear all about it! We only had one investigator attend church yesterday, but we were so excited! His name is Andy, he is 17, and such a great potential priesthood holder!! He is super shy though, so we're trying to harness the help of the young men in helping him feel more comfortable. 

I have just felt like Heavenly Father is really stretchin' me this week, and so it was one of the most amazing blessings to have had the opportunity to celebrate the Resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ, as well as watch the General Women's Conference yesterday. I just want to give a big "thank you" to my family who has brought me up in the way of the Lord. Never in my life have I felt so much gratitude for what my Mom and Dad have done for me and the sacrifices they have made in order to bring me up in a home where the gospel was at the center. I pray that I can help the wonderful families here in the Philippines experience the same joy that I have in my family because of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

I LOVE being a missionary. Missionary life is the BEST refiners fire and I am so grateful for the things I am learning, and the way I am becoming more converted. 

Love you all,
Sister Anderson
Our life this week.. Office life!!

Preparing for 72 hour kits

Grocery shopping!!

Zone activity with sister osumo and aki
 

No comments:

Post a Comment