Sunday, June 21, 2015

The Final Stretch

June 15, 2015
 
Good Morning!!
Well tomorrow is transfer day, and guess where I am going?! The Lord has assigned me to serve in the Quezon City 2nd Ward- I will be whitewashing and training!!! My kabahay is the one and only Sister Lopez (my batch)!! She is also whitewashing and training as well! Wow!!! I could not be more excited!! I feel so privileged that the Lord has enough trust in me to fulfill this assignment, and I pray that as I rely on Him, I will be able to do it. As hard as it will be to leave Quirino, I know that I am needed somewhere else.
Quirino is doing AMAZING right now, and I am pleased to say that it is finally progressing! It took lots of hard work, fasting, and prayers, but the Lord has really opened the heavens and poured out blessings here.
Because the temple is here in my area, we had the opportunity to do a temple tour this past Saturday and we took the Gimina Family, Kristine and her kids 9 (Judy and Gian), as well as Andy and Sonia (the non-member family of Anton who is leaving tomorrow to serve in Australia). They all enjoyed it so much and they really felt the Spirit.
The Gimina Family had their baptismal interview on Friday, and they passed!! They will be baptized this Saturday!! I am so sad I cannot be there, but I am sooo happy for their family and everything that they have been through to make it to this point. At church on Sunday, Tessie came up to us and said that Hector was looking for Brother Encabo, the member who offered Hector a job. Throughout all of last week, Hector was still pretty set on going abroad, but a MIRACLE has happened and he said that he wants to forsake his job opportunities in Saudi, and stay here with his family to enjoy the blessings of the gospel! Ahhhhh!!! I literally wanted to cry when I heard this!! I know that Heavenly Father really does hear and answers our fasts and prayers!!
I love being a missionary and wearing the Savior's name on my heart each day. I pray that I can continue to represent him well and serve this last transfer with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. This final stretch is going to stretch me, but I am ready. I know I need this opportunity in order to accomplish what Heavenly Father has sent me here to do.
I love you all!!!
Sister Anderson
Ps I will send pics next week.. The computer is being a stinker:)

No comments:

Post a Comment