Sunday, November 30, 2014

Another One Bites the Dust










Nov 17

Happy Day to all of you!

Whelp.. Sister Sanders has officially died.... Nooooo! Another one bites the dust! It can be so sad killing people, BUT it can be so fun too- putting together surprises and parties for a final goodbye! We made her a surprise breakfast on Sunday- Ube French Toast, fresh bananas, and had cute mugs made with our pictures and named printed on them for our hot chocolate. Too fun!!! And after church we tricked Sister Sanders into going up to Antipolo to the couple missionaries home, Elder and Sister Johnson, for a surprise lunch! SO fun!! And Sister Johnson made us a turkey dinner- so it was ALMOST like Thanksgiving!! We also had a little surprise farewell dinner for her at the Susa's, and they put together a video for her, and made a bunch of really great food. All in all, I think I gained like 8 kilos on Sunday alone. BUT it was soo worth it!

This past week we were able to go to Aurora for zone conference which was oh so fun. Man, I have sooo many ways in which I need to improve, it's insane.... Lots of weaknesses and faults I need to overcome, but I am just grateful that I still have more time here in the mission field to grow and become better.

Sunday was great!! Jose and Norma came to church once again and they loved it! They even participated in class and they are soo ready to be baptized! The big day is December 13th! Wahoo!! We also had another investigator at church, Michelle Savio. She is 28 and has two little boys and has been sooo prepared for the Lord for the gospel. Last Friday we taught her about the Restoration and then told her that there is a way for her to know if all of these things we are teaching her are true.I pulled out a Book of Mormon and began to explain to her what it was. I then bore my testimony about it and how it has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. As I did so, her eyes filled with tears and you could just see the Spirit working on her. I then told her that we wanted her to have this book, and that it would change her life. She then burst into tears, saying over and over again, "Thank you, thank you." I have never seen someone react with so much gratitude when giving them a Book of Mormon. Even though she really didn't not know exactly what this book was, she knew it was from God and she knew that she needed to read it. 

I feel so blessed to be able to be teaching these wonderful people who are exercising so much faith in their Savior. I know that as I do my best to help them understand the Atonement and the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Spirit is able to take over and make bigger changes than one could imagine in others' lives. I love serving the Lord. I know He lives. His plan for us is perfect; It just takes faith.

I love you all! Take care and keep living the Gospel!

Sister Anderson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment