Sunday, November 30, 2014

Just Missionary Work


Hump Day
November 23, 2014
Happy Pday!!

Hope all is well with you and things are chugging along!

This week was a week! I honestly don't remember much of what we did this week other than work, work, work... But it was indeed good! We have really been fasting and praying to find new investigators and we were blessed enough to have found 7! I am so excited to start teaching them and helping them understand the Atonement of Jesus Christ. One of the people we found was a man named Randy. We had already taught his wife, Alma, twice before and then he decided to join. He told us that he never listens to missionaries from all of the other religions, but he had been looking forward to the day when we would come visit him. He and his wife live up in the mountains in quite humble circumstances and harvest rice as a living, and they are ready to make changes in their life to bring them closer to Jesus Christ. There is nothing more rewarding than helping others see the joy that comes from living the gospel of Jesus Christ.

The other day we got an odd text from one of our investigators, informing us that they other night she was really mad at God and was praying to Him and swearing at Him and then she said that a light came into her room brighter than she can even explain, calling her by name.... Umm...We had absolutely no idea how to respond to this.. She says that she thinks it is a sign that she needs to change... Yup... I think she does need to change... Life as a missionary is never a bore! Haha

Yesterday Sister Wiradi, Sister Apsay, Sister Valdez, and I all taught young womens! It made me miss all our cute young women in the 3rd ward.. Send them my love! We talked about rescuing the young women that have fallen from the path of activity and committed them to come up with a plan of rescue! Hopefully our 3rd ward girls are doing some rescuing too!!

So I am officially the only American here in my kabahay! 2 of the sisters are Filipina, and the other is from Indonesia. So I am the only English speaker! It is good for me to practice my Tagalog! I am also the only one who does not eat rice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! It sometimes makes me laugh how different we are, but when it comes down to it, we are all so much the same too.

 Well hopefully this did not bore you too much! Hope all is well! Ingat kayo palagi!!

 Sister Anderson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment