Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year


January 5, 2015

Hello to you all! I hope you all had a wonderful New Years, but I can guarantee you that mine was louder than all of yals! I am now serving in Pasig which is one of the highest populated cities in the Philippines, and New Years was insane!! There were so many people out and about all day that we couldn't even walk down the street because it was so busy!  And then when midnight hit, I literally felt like we were in a war zone! It was INSANELY loud! But it was a fun way to welcome in the New Year!!

So my new area is great!!!! We are really focusing on finding, especially families, and we did just that! Heavenly Father keeps blessing us right and left with people to teach. Especially part-member families. We were able to find 19 new investigators this week, all of which are very very potential. Now we just need to find time to go back to all of them!!

As for my companion, Sister Ramos is AMAZING! She is such a powerful teacher and I am learning loads from her! She always carries the Spirit with her and it is so apparent that she has been here in the mission for a while. It will be so sad to say goodbye to her in just a short 6 weeks, but I am so grateful for the time Heavenly Father has given me to be able to learn from her.

Man, the ward here in Pasig is just like a ward back in the states. The members are pretty well-off.. and some of them are like really wealthy! It is sooooo weird! I am so used to being in more of the humble circumstances, so it is kind of a strange adjustment, but this ward is amazing and I already love them! I think I'll be here for at least 3 transfers, so I am really excited for all the adventures that are awaiting us here!!

Well this week I will go on my first exchanges, so hopefully they go well! Thanks for all your prayers and support!!!!! Love you all!

Sister Anderson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment