Sunday, January 25, 2015

Made it to MINDORO

January 25, 2015

Good Morning!!
Well, these past two weeks have been insane! I think Sister Ramos and I only got a full 8 hours of sleep once in the past 2 and a half weeks or so.. Nor have we even been able to work in our area... We are just always on the go and working in everyone else areas! It is so true that the Lord is hastening the work of salvation, and he is going FAST!
We went on 4 exchanges with 4 companionships these past two weeks and then last week it was Zone Conference! The STLs had to give a workshop in the conference, and so we decided to do a "24 hour role-play" where we reenacted a full day in the mission, showing the missionaries how to do effective finding, teaching, planning, and all the other things that go along with missionary work. It was crazy to plan, but it all turned out well! We presented at the conference on Tuesday, went on exchanges on Wednesday, had another zone conference on Thursday, and then on Friday we woke up at 2:30am and headed to the airport with President and the TAs to go to MINDORO!! I finally made it to "The Rock"!!! I didn't know if I would ever make it out here to the island, because only 6 sisters are assigned out here, but I am here... too bad it's only for one week... But it's great!!! And ps... I get to go to the beach later today! Wahoo! Ah, and guess what else? They have a Mexican Restaurant here!!! It is a MIRACLE!! There is zero Mexican food here in the Philippines, or at least where I have been assigned, so eating a burrito was like heaven! haha the life of a missionary.. Gotta enjoy the simple things!
On Saturday, Sister Ramos and I, along with the two Elder Training Assistants, were basically in charge on the entire Mindoro Zone Conference. Sister Revillo (President's Wife) could not attend, so Sister Ramos and I were in charge of giving all of her training and discuss all of the mission business with the missionaries, and doing the 45 min role play... Yaaa, we have A LOT of responsibilities, but it is so fun! I love being able to help more in the mission, and in turn I am learning a lot! I really feel like I am able to fulfill my purpose.
I am so sorry that these emails are so boring and not really anything that exciting... BUT I am just LOVING life as a missionary and I am LOVING all the responsibilities the Lord is placing in my hands. It is a lot of work, lots of sleepless nights, lots of running around, but the most amazing thing that I have learned so far, is how real the Atonement is. I can't explain how exhausted I should be, BUT the through the Atonement, the Lord continues to provide me with the strength that I need. And along with that, I am just so happy! I just can't get mad or sad, even in the worst of circumstances. Life is just too good!! I can't stop smiling! And all I can do right now is just smile, because I have completely lost my voice.... So I guess I just have to figure out how to teach lessons in sign language.. At least the language of the Spirit is universal!
Hope all is well at home!! Starting next week, we will only have 1 hour of email, and I cannot email you back and forth, so if you don't hear too much from me, don't worry! I am doing great! I am sorry if I cannot respond to your emails, but keep sending them! I love reading them and hearing how you are doing!
Mahal na mahal ko kayo!! 
Sister Anderson



No comments:

Post a Comment