Tuesday, February 10, 2015

1 Year


February 3, 2015
Hello to all yal!!

Whelp, it is officially... I have hit the 1 year mark since I left home for the mission!!! How insane is that?! It really just feels like a few months ago that I got set apart and headed to the MTC. I remember telling everyone that I felt like I was going to Disneyland... Turns out the Philippines is nothing like Disneyland, except for one thing- It is the HAPPIEST place on earth!!

It was great to finally be back in Pasig and work in our area the past few days! Even though we haven't been here to work, Heavenly Father is just POURING out blessings on our area. We got back from Mindoro on Friday and so we only had Saturday and part of Sunday to work, and he blessed us with 9 new investigators!! He led us to a family of 5 that said they want to be baptized and then 2 part-member couples randomly showed up at church and said that they want their spouses to be taught. SO we taught them, and they accepted baptismal dates!!

I LOVE Pasig 3rd ward! It honestly is great and the members are really starting to get excited about missionary work. We as a ward are doing something called "The 40 Day Fast", where each member/family signs up for a day within the next 40 days to fast for missionary work in our ward, missionary opportunities, and for the investigators who we are teaching. How neat is that? I know great miracles are on the way!!

Yesterday was a great treat as President Durrant from the General Sunday School Presidency visited us and we had a 2 hour special meeting with him. Man, I am so excited to become a better teacher and teach how the Savior taught. If you haven't read the General Sunday School Presidency's article in the January "Liahona", I really invite you to do it. It is so inspiring!! We also finally got to watch "Meet the Mormons" yesterday which was awesome! You cannot watch that movie and not feel so excited and blessed to be a member of the only true and living church!!

Well things are just amazing here in the field!! This is the last week of transfers and I am killing off Sister Ramos, so I am basically 100% sure that I am staying here in Pasig. We'll just have to wait and see who my new companion is!!

Love you all!

Keep Working Hard!!

Sister Anderson

 

No comments:

Post a Comment