Sunday, July 5, 2015

Another Week in QC2

June 28, 2015
 
Hello!!!

Well this past week has been great!! We are still exploring our area and working our hardest! Last Monday we found a new investigator, Bing. We were punted one morning and just kept talking to everyone as we were making our way to all of our back-up appointments. Bing was outside sweeping, and the Spirit literally pulled me to her and let me know that I needed to talk to her. We shared how we are Mormons and she said that she used to actually attend the lds church with her friends when she was young. She had been taught twice before by the missionaries and was going to get baptized, but that things always got in the way. Third times a charm, right? She let us in and we taught her right away. GOLDEN. In our next lesson with her, her brother from the province joined and he told us that he wants to have the missionaries sent to his family so they can all be baptized. And then last night we met Bing's other brother and found out that his daughter just got baptized back in the province, that she is always working with the missionaries and wants to serve a mission. The Lord is really preparing this family for the gospel! I am so glad that the Spirit is my constant guide to lead me to those who are ready and waiting.

We had some great member visits this week and were able to also visit Bishop Gatpo. We had to realign the areas because we are whitewashing, and it turned out great. We really have the trust of Bishop Gatpo and I am so excited to serve alongside him. We also had a ward activity on Saturday and Bing attended!! 

Funny Story... Sister Duque and I were riding a jeepney to the chapel for our ward activity. We were both talking to the people beside us, inviting them to listen to the missionaries. All of a sudden, the jeepney driver slammed on his brakes and Sister Duque went flying forward! She body slammed me hard, her bag and water bottle went soaring and then she ended up at the front up the jeepney- flat on her face on the floor! Everyone freaked out at what happened, but she got up just like nothing happened and just continued to get the address of the girl she was talking to. hahahaha it was the funniest thing I have ever witnessed!! Ahh, good times!!

I love you all and I love being a missionary!!! 
 
Sister Anderson 

No comments:

Post a Comment