Sunday, May 17, 2015

Becoming My Ssters' Keeper

May 18, 2015
 
Hello to yal!!!
 
This week was fantastic and just flew by! On Wednesday we had the opportunity have our Sisters' Conference for just the sisters in the mission. It took a lot of work, but it turned out really nicely. The theme of the conference was, "Becoming our Sisters' Keeper". In order to be completely united in this work we need to do as the Lord directs us to become our brothers' keeper and serve others as He would. President Revillo gave beautiful remarks about this topic, especially that of becoming more charitable and humble in our journey to become our sisters keeper. I have really come to understand more so that this principle is part of the sacred covenants that I have made to Heavenly Father. Through losing myself in the service of others and putting their needs above my own, I know that everyday I can be one step closer to becoming my sisters' or my brothers' keeper.

On a less spiritual note, but nonetheless just as fun, Sister Pau and I got to go SHOPPING!! Wahoooo!! We traveled around all of Quezon City on Thursday buying food for all the the missionaries 72hr kits, thermometers, flashlights, tubes, ropes, flashlights, and everything else you may need in case of an emergency. IT WAS A BLAST!! Haha and we got the weirdest looks as we were hauling around the grocery store 300 cups-of-noodles, giant bags of oatmeal, and carts piled high with candy and nuts... The life of a sister missionary here in Quirino:) Haha

Our area here in Quirino is doing GREAT!!! The Gimina family is really progressing and their WHOLE family attended church yesterday!! Ah, they are the cutest! In our last lesson with them, we invited Hector to offer the closing prayer. It was so sweet and sincere, and after he finished, he looked up with tears streaming down his face, and said, "I can't stop crying. I am so happy." Their family is really changing so much because of the gospel and I am so happy that I get to be apart of it. They are really blessing my life so much.

I love you all and am so grateful for you!! Thanks for all your prayers in behalf of me and my investigators. 

Love,
Sister Anderson
 
Sisters' conference was a blast!!!  Sister Revillo and the sister training leaders

Me and President and Sister Revillo

The Gimina family!!!  This s the cutest family in the whole world!  Sister Pau and I LOVE teaching them and they are getting baptized in June!!


Sister Maricel took Sister Pau and me out to eat at Manglnasal!!!

Me and Hannah!!!

Me and Daisy and Aki!!

No comments:

Post a Comment