Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Full of Gratitude


April 26, 2015
Hello to you all!!

Well, I don't even know where to begin! I am just so full of love and gratitude right now. Heavenly Father is just so aware of us as his children, and I am so grateful that He is taking great care of my sweet family back at home. Oh how I wish I could have been a part of Elizabeth and Jeff's wedding, but I am so happy that it went so well! They looked so beautiful in all the pictures and my testimony was really strengthened about the importance of eternal families. I can't wait to share this testimony with the sweet people here in the Philippines! WELCOME TO THE FAMILY, JEFF!!

This week was so great and I had the wonderful opportunity to go on exchanges in Marikina with Sister Viray, one of the cute new missionaries.

We also had zone conference on Thursday which was so amazing! And afterwards I had the opportunity to go on an exchange with Sister Latham (Jordan's friend). She is such a great missionary and even at 4 weeks, she is sooo good at the language! I will send pictures next week:)

Sister Osumo and I have such a small teaching pool, so this week we did LOTS of finding!! And Heavenly Father blessed us to find his elect!! As we were tracting on Saturday morning, we met a 20 year old named Erwin. He looked nice, but a little rough, and we decided to talk to him. Wow. You just never know who is searching for the gospel! He told us that he is Catholic, but how he has always just felt that something was missing. He has attended many other churches as well to fill the hole that was in his heart. We shared with him a brief overview and left him with a Book of Mormon to read.

We went back to visit him yesterday after church, and as we sat down, he pulled out the Book of Mormon with a whole page of notes he had taken from his reading. He was so cute and thought that we were going to take the book back from him, so he wrote down everything that he liked and what really touched him. He even mentioned that all the questions he has always had, are already being answered by the Book of Mormon and then bore testimony of it, how he know that it is true. We were able to teach him the message of the Restoration and you could just see how what we shared had an instant impact on him. We extended a baptismal date to him for June 6th and he is so excited!! 

We also found another investigator last week at the grocery store, Tala Pil. She asked us to come visit her and we did! Wow. She is so prepared too!! She came to church yesterday and just cried in each class!! She has a baptismal date for May 30th!! Sister Tessie Gimena also came to church yesterday and she too is so excited to be baptized! The ward is doing a great job fellowshipping, and I could not be more excited!!

 My heart is just so full of gratitude right now- being a missionary, my wonderful investigators, my sweet companion, my family at home, the wedding, and just the way Heavenly Father is always blessing us. I love the gospel so much and it is really the only way to be truly happy. I love you all!!

Love,

Sister Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment